14 marzo, 2011

De demonios y amnesias

Innocent when you dream (Tom Waits)

"No recuerdo qué clase de crímenes he cometido en esa otra vida, la vida de verdad, pero puede que se deba a un sofisticado proceso de eliminación de huellas mnemónicas que asegura al mismo tiempo mi silencio y mi aparente inocencia."

(Ray Loriga)

The bats are in the belfry,
the dew is on the moor,
where are the arms
that held me,
and pledged her love before,
and pledged her love before?

It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green:
it's memories that I'm stelaing,
but you're innocent when you dream,
when you dream,
you're innocent when you dream.

I made a golden promise
that we would never part:
I gave my love a locket
and then I broke her heart,
and then I broke her heart.

Running through the graveyard,

we laughed my friends and I.
We swore we'd be together
until the day we died,
until the day we died.

No hay comentarios: